Taxify recently celebrated its 2nd birthday in South Africa after launching back in 2016! Over this short period, Taxify has had a great impact on the way we have been moving riders across the country.
What happened within 2 years:
- We registered tens of thousands of drivers and completed millions of rides.
- Out of all rated rides, 98% received a 5-star rating.
- We launched 3 new categories including Taxify Go in Port Elizabeth, Taxify Comfort in Johannesburg and Taxify Plus in Cape Town.
- The most expensive trip cost R5800 (from PE to JHB), was 1054km long and took over 13 hours.
- The most popular car models on the Taxify platform are Toyota Corolla and Nissan Almera.
- Average arrival times are now down to 3 minutes.
- By far the most popular destination was the Mall of Africa.
- The most bizarre lost items that found their way back to their owners were a Brazilian hair wig and a 10kg bag of Spekko rice.
- Expanded to Port Elizabeth in 2017 and now in 5 major cities in South Africa (Cape Town, Durban, PE, Pretoria and Johannesburg).
- We partnered with the Namola app to launch our driver SOS button.
- Held our first Safety Summit for Taxify community leaders to train them on various safety techniques such as Anti-hijacking tactics, vehicle maintenance and self-defense training.
We are happy to be building the future of urban transport in South Africa and aim to bring safe, reliable and affordable on-demand rides to the masses.