Taxify Kenya turns one this week! (Cue Kayamba)🎉
2017 was a great year for us. It was the year Taxify became the fastest growing ride-hailing app in Africa.
Taxify Kenya also experienced tremendous growth and progress. Here are some milestones and amazing figures to sum up our first year in Kenya:
- Taxify expanded to 4 cities within East Africa in the last quarter of 2017.
- The most expensive trip in Nairobi cost KES 6,000, was 176 km long and took over three and half hours.
- The most popular car model on the Taxify platform in 2017 in Kenya was Toyota Fielder.
- The most popular destination in Nairobi was JKIA.
- More than 5 million trips were taken across East Africa in 2017.
And here are more mind blowing global facts about Taxify’s growth in 2017:
- Taxify is currently active in 36 cities.
- Taxify had 95 employees in January 2017 and 425 employees in January 2017.
- 1,200,000 tickets were answered by customer support during 2017.
- 9000 different car models are driving on the Taxify platform.
- In comparison, the longest ride overall in 2017 was in South-Africa – 1053.94km and it lasted for 13h 45 min. (5800 South African Rand, KES 48491.50).
- The total distance passed by Taxify users in 2017 equals 1000 trips from earth to moon.